Tuesday, April 8, 2025

M4/3 Cameras M4/3相机

I got my first MFT camera Panasonic Lumix GX85 as my spare camera soon after I switched from APSC to Full Frame because an FF DSLR camera with its lens is too heavy to carry for a casual walkaround in the city or put in bag during cycling, and they also have an aggressive look when you walk in a residential community.

我从 APSC 换到全画幅后不久,就买了第一台 M4/3 相机 Panasonic Lumix GX85 作为备用相机,因为全画幅单反相机加上镜头太重,无法在城市中随意走动或骑自行车时放包里,而且在街上看起来太显眼。

Later, I changed it into a GH4 because I tried to shoot a bit more video, but I actually didn’t. And absence of IBIS became a huge problem when you are using a MFT system during lowlight static photo shotting.

后来,我换了一台 GH4,因为我想多拍点视频(实际上并没有)。当在低光静态照片拍摄中使用 M4/3时,没有 IBIS 是个大问题。

Then, I sold the GH4 and bought a G95, which combined video performance and IBIS for good photo. I also enjoyed traveling with this camera and a Lumix G 14-140 lens, much smaller and lightweight than an FF combination, with a larger zoom range. The image quality of this combination is also acceptable under most circumstances, as long as you control the ISO below 1600.

之后,我卖了 GH4,买了一台 G95,它结合了较好的视频性能和 IBIS,可以拍出更好的照片。我喜欢带着这台相机和 Lumix G 14-140 镜头旅行,它比全画幅组合小得多、轻得多,变焦比也更大。画质在大多数情况下也是可以接受的,只要把ISO控制在1600以下。

Recently, I upgraded it into a G9M2, I have to say this is a new level of experience. Its focus is basically as good as my Canon R6 which means the tier 1 of consumer cameras. Although the camera has a bigger body size which is the same as S5M2, when using an MFT zoom lens such as DG 12-60, it is still significantly smaller than an FF camera with a 24-105 F4 lens. After a simple test I did recently, in daylight, its sensor has a great dynamic range, and high-resolution mode allows it to capture a large amount of details. Low light performance also improved, its ISO 3200 image quality is quite close to ISO 1600 image on old M4/3 body, but it is still not comparable with any modern (after 2012) FF sensor in ISO 6400. So, a faster glass is required if you want to shoot any moving object at night, but for static scene, its advance IBIS is reliable.

最近我又升级成了G9M2,不得不说体验是全面升级,对焦性能基本可以和佳能R6相当,也就是消费级相机中的第一梯队了。虽然机身尺寸和S5M2一样大,但是在使用DG 12-60这样的镜头时,还是比全画幅相机搭配24-105 F4要小很多。最近做了个简单测试,在日光下,传感器动态范围很大,用高分辨率模式能拍到大量的细节。弱光表现也有所提升,ISO 3200画质已经相当接近老款M4/3ISO 1600的画质,但还是比不上现代(2012年以后)的全画幅传感器ISO 6400的画质。因此,如果晚上拍摄任何移动物体,需要大光圈镜头,但对于静态场景,防抖是相当可用的。

I am using both systems, and I prefer an MFT camera over an FF one in following situations: outdoor, hiking, simple city walking and travel that is not for photography.  Especially when visiting a park or garden where has a lot of flowers or insects and for birds, MFT would be the better choice. But for the following scenes, I still want an FF system: portrait, indoor activity, high dynamic range landscape and lowlight. One more thing, the video quality for my G9II is amazing, and basically free of overheating rather than my R6. My most expected upgrade of M4/3 system is a camera with a GX85 body and G9II performance or a very compact body with an OM-5 like sensor is very desirable.

我同时使用两种系统,在以下情况下,我更喜欢 MFT 相机:户外、徒步旅行、简单的城市散步和不以摄影为主要目的的旅行。尤其是在参观有花、昆虫的公园和打鸟时,MFT 优势(近摄、长焦)很大。但对于以下场景,我仍想要用全幅:人像、室内活动、高动态范围风景和低光长焦。还有, G9II 的视频质量非常棒,而且基本上没有过热,长时间拍摄比R6更可靠。我最期待的M4/3系统是一台拥有GX85机身和G9II性能的相机,或者一台非常紧凑的机身,搭配类似OM-5水平的传感器的相机。

No comments:

Post a Comment